Steaming Around Britain 2016 DVD
Steaming Around Britain's Railways 2016 DVD features a whopping four discs of top quality action from around the UK. Throughout the 4 discs, witness a varied collection of steam engines working at both preserved railways and on the mainline.
Sit back and enjoy all the highlights from throughout 2016, from the little tank engines to the large pacifics slogging their hearts out as they haul a whole collection of different trains at different locations around the UK.
Whether you're a mainline, preserved or narrow guage enthusiast this 4 disc DVD has something for everyone. With footage featured from the Scottish Highlands through to the Snowdonian National Park, what more would you need to recall 2016?
A wide collection of railways are included from around
the UK, some of which include:
- Great Central Railway
- North Norfolk Railway
- Foxfield Railway
- Midland Railway
- Severn Valley Railway
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway - North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- East Lancashire Railway
- Tanfield Railway
- Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
- Embsay & Bolton Abbey Railway
Plus others too...
A collection of photo charters are featured during the DVD including the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, Foxfield Railway plus others too.
Along with this varied collection of preserved railways, a selection of mainline charters are included throughout the four disc DVD set from around the UK. Some of the charters featured throughout the collection include 'The Waverley', 'The Jacobite', 'The Jacobite Santa Special', 'The Tin Bath', 'The Hadrian', 'The Cumbrian Mountain Express', 'The Scarborough Spa Express', 'The Cathedrals Express' plus others too.
- Footage is included from 3 trips to the Scottish Highlands during the Spring, Autumn and Winter of 2016 including LNER K1 No.62005, LMS 5MT No.44871 and LMS 5MT No.45407 'The Lancashire Fusilier'. Footage is included from the first winter 'Jacobite' services which ran from Fort William to Glenfinnan during December 2016.
- 2016 saw the launch of LNER A3 No.60103 'Flying Scotsman', footage is included of the engine at several preserved railways and on the mainline throughout the year. Footage is included from the launch weekend at the East Lancashire Railway plus its first mainline charter over Shap in January 2016.
- Many mainline charters are included from a selection of different locations around the UK including Miles Platting, Copy Pit, Shap, the Settle & Carlisle Railway, Ferrybridge Power Station plus many others too. Many mainline engines are featured including: 34067 'Tangmere', 45690 'Leander', 45699 'Galatea', 46233 'Duchess Of Sutherland', 44871, 45407, 34046 'Braunton', 48151 plus many others too.
- Throughout the 4 discs a wide collection of events are featured from many different preserved railways including special freight demonstration services, TPO services, special photo charters plus much more.
The DVD is split across four discs for maximum quality and lasts approx. 342 minutes. The DVD is available in UK 16:9 Widescreen PAL Format only. Copies of the DVD are available for £22.59 which includes free postage and packaging.
Below is a short trailer with some clips taken from the DVD, please note due to upload restrictions the quality of the trailer may not reflect that of the DVD.
How to order:
Run Time: 342 Minutes
Total number of discs: 4 Discs
DVD Format: 16:9 Widescreen UK PAL DVD
Price: DVD-Video: £22.59 Blu-Ray Disc: £25.99
DVD Release Date: 3rd January 2017
Please contact us for instructions on how to pay via cheque.