10 Years of Steaming Around Yorkshire DVD
2017 marks the 10th anniversary of Steaming Around Yorkshire, over the past 10 years we have travelled around the UK and captured a wide range of steam engines at a variety of locations.
Throughout this time, we have captured thousands of minutes worth of footage featuring steam engines working hard at hundreds of different locations around the UK. As we celebrate our 10th Anniversary we're giving you the opportunity to relive our best moments from throughout those 10 years.
The Past Decade...
Over the past 10 years many events have taken place including:
- The LNER Steam Gala at the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, featuring the three working A4 Pacific's together for the first time in preservation.
- The Llangollen Railway played host to the second 'Steel, Steam & Stars' event in Spring 2009 featuring 10 steam engines.
- 2016 saw the return of the World famous 'Flying Scotsman' at the East Lancashire Railway after a lengthy overhaul.
- The Churnet Valley Railway re-opened the 'Cauldon Lowe' branch to Ipstones which includes some of the steepest gradients in the country for steam engines.
- Mainline steam returned to the Cambrian Coast from Machynlleth to Pwllheli hauled by LMS 5MT No.44871.
Plus lots more.
Over the last 10 years we've visited many preserved railways around the UK, some of which are included throughout this DVD:
- Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway
- West Somerset Railway
- Churnet Valley Railway
- Foxfield Railway
- Tanfield Railway
- Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway
- Llangollen Railway
- Severn Valley Railway
- Great Central Railway
- North Norfolk Railway
- East Lancashire Railway
- Bowes Railway
- Embsay & Bolton Abbey Railway
- Vale Of Rheidol Railway
- Ecclesbourne Valley Railway
- Nene Valley Railway
Plus others too.
Mainline steam has grown over the past 10 years, several new engines have joined the pool of mainline certified engines including LMS 7P No.46115 'Scots Guardsman', LMS 7P No.46100 'Royal Scot', LMS 5XP No.45699 'Galatea', LMS 5MT No.45212 plus many others too. Mainline footage is featured from around the UK including shots along the World famous Settle & Carlisle Railway, West Highland Line, Cambrian Coast, Shap, Copy Pit plus much more.
Sit back and enjoy over 150 minutes of action, showcasing the highlights of the last 10 years. Featuring over 100 steam engines on the mainline and at various heritage railways this is the perfect DVD to relive the last decade of steam.
The DVD lasts approx. 187 minutes and is split across two discs for maximum quality. The DVD is available in UK 16:9 Widescreen PAL Format only. The DVD is available for £14.95 which includes free P&P.
Below is a short trailer with some clips taken from the DVD, please note due to upload restrictions the quality of the trailer may not reflect that of the DVD.
How to order:
Run Time: 187 Minutes
Total number of discs: 2 Discs
DVD Format: 16:9 PAL UK Widescreen
DVD Release Date: 10th September 2017
Please contact us for instructions on how to pay via cheque.