Steaming Around Britain 2019 Blu-Ray
Steaming Around Britain's Railways 2019 Blu-Ray features a whopping four discs of top quality action from around the UK. Throughout the four discs, witness a varied collection of steam engines working at both preserved railways and on the mainline.
Sit back and enjoy all the highlights from throughout 2019, from the little tank engines to the large pacific's slogging their hearts out as they haul a whole collection of different trains at different locations around the UK.
Whether you're a mainline, preserved or narrow gauge enthusiast this four disc Blu-Ray has something for everyone. With footage featured from the Scottish Highlands through to the Snowdonian National Park, what more would you need to recall 2019?
A wide collection of heritage railways are featured from around
the UK, some of which include:
- Nene Valley Railway
- Churnet Valley Railway
- Ecclesbourne Valley Railway
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Tanfield Railway
- Foxfield Railway
- Severn Valley Railway
- Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway
- Ffestiniog Railway - Welsh Highland Railway
- East Lancashire Railway
- Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
- Embsay & Bolton Abbey Railway
A collection of photo charters are featured during the Blu-Ray including LNER A1 No.60163 'Tornado' at the Nene Valley Railway, Andrew Barclay No.1245 'Carron' at the Foxfield Railway, SR No.34092 'City Of Wells' at the East Lancashire Railway and CR 0-4-4T No.419 at the Churnet Valley Railway.
Alongside all the action at heritage railways, a selection of mainline charters from around the UK are included. Some of the charters featured include the 'The Jacobite', 'The Waverley', 'The Dalesman', 'The Fellsman', 'The Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express', 'The Edinburgh Flyer', 'The Citadel', 'The Mad Hatter', 'The Yorkshireman', 'The Cumbrian Mountain Express', 'The Scarborough Spa Express', WCRC 'Santa Specials' plus others too.
- Mainline charters are included from a selection of different locations across the UK including Shap, the Settle & Carlisle Railway, The West Highland Extension, Copy Pit plus many others too.
Many mainline engines are featured including: 45596 'Bahamas', 45690 'Leander', 45699 'Galatea' (also as 45562 'Alberta'), 45407 'The Lancashire Fusilier', 60163 'Tornado', 60103 'Flying Scotsman', 35018 'British India Line', 60009 'Union Of South Africa', 70000 'Britannia', 7029 'Clun Castle', 46115 'Scots Guardsman', 61306 'Mayflower', 34046 'Braunton', 45212, 48151 plus many others too.
- Several photo charters are featured from several railways including the Nene Valley Railway, Foxfield Railway, Churnet Valley Railway and East Lancashire Railway.
- The award winning 'Jacobite' service is featured from September 2019. Running from Fort William to Mallaig, during the final week of two trains a day, LNER K1 No.62005 and LMS 5MT No.45212 are seen hauling services at various locations.
- 2019 saw the return of LMS 'Jubilee' No.45596 'Bahamas' following overhaul, the special occasion was marked with two charter services from Oxenhope to Carlisle over the Settle & Carlisle Railway. LMS No.45699 'Galatea' was out shopped during December 2019 in BR Brunswick Green and ran as long-lost classmate No.45562 'Alberta'.
- Throughout the four discs a wide collection of events are featured from many different preserved railways including special freight demonstration services, vintage services, gravity trains, express services plus much more.
The Blu-Ray is split across four discs for maximum quality and lasts approx. 336 minutes. The Blu-Ray is available in 16:9 widescreen format. Copies of the Blu-Ray are available for £25.99 which includes free postage and packaging.
Below is a short extract taken from the Blu-Ray, please note due to upload restrictions the quality of the trailer may not reflect that of the Blu-Ray.
We've also included some of our personal highlights from throughout 2019, all the clips are taken from the Blu-Ray.
How to order:
Run Time: 336 Minutes
Total number of discs: 4 discs
Blu-Ray Format: 16:9 widescreen Blu-Ray disc
Price: DVD-Video: £22.59 Blu-Ray Disc: £25.99
Blu-Ray Release Date: 8th January 2020
Please contact us for instructions on how to pay via cheque.