Your cart is currently empty!
£23.99 – £26.99
Pre-order available – dispatched from the 8th January 2024
Step back into the action of 2023, this four disc DVD, Steaming Around Britain 2023 features over six hours of top quality action from around the UK, showcasing a varied collection of steam locomotives, working at both preserved railways and on the mainline.
Whether you’re a mainline, preserved or narrow gauge enthusiast, this four disc DVD has something for everyone. During 2023, we’ve travelled over 35,000 miles to bring you all the action from across the country; from the Scottish Highlands to Cornwall and Devon, Norfolk to Snowdonia, what more would you need to recall the best bits of 2023?
A wide collection of heritage railways are featured from around the UK, some of which include:
– Bluebell Railway
– Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway
– Dean Forest Railway
– East Lancashire Railway
– Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway
– Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway
– Great Central Railway
– Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
– Mid Hants Railway
– North Norfolk Railway
– North Yorkshire Moors Railway
– Severn Valley Railway
– Swanage Railway
– West Somerset Railway
Mainline charters are featured from throughout the year, each travelling at speed at various locations around the UK. Charters include ‘The Great Britain XV’, ‘The Jacobite’, ‘The Waverley’, ‘The Dalesman’, ‘The Fellsman’, ‘The Lakelander’, ‘The White Rose’, ‘The Northern Belle’, ‘The Welsh Marches Express’, ‘The Cumbrian Mountain Express’, The Scarborough Spa Express’, ‘The Flying Scotsman Centenary’ plus others too.
– Mainline charters are included from a selection of different locations across the UK including Shap, Settle & Carlisle Railway, the 1 in 37 Lickey Incline, West Highland Railway & Extension, Cumbrian Coast, Welsh Marches, the East Coast Mainline plus others too.
Many locomotives are featured including: 60007 ‘Sir Nigel Gresley’, 45699 ‘Galatea’, 45596 ‘Bahamas’, 45407 ‘The Lancashire Fusilier’, 45231 ‘The Sherwood Forester’, 46100 ‘Royal Scot’, 46115 ‘Scots Guardsman’, 34046 ‘Braunton’, 35018 ‘British India Line’, 34067 ‘Tangmere’, 45690 ‘Leander’, 7029 ‘Clun Castle’, 5043 ‘Earl Of Mount Edgecumbe’, 44871, 44932, 45212 plus others too.
– ‘Great Britain XV’ ran during April 2023, the 9-day tour travelled across the UK, featuring a variety of different steam locomotives. Footage is included from day 4 – Llandudno to Edinburgh, day 5 – Edinburgh to Aberdeen, day 6 – Edinburgh to Blackpool and day 7 – Blackpool to Scarborough via the Calder Valley.
– 2023 saw the return of double-headed Great Western ‘Castle’ locomotives on the mainline. GWR No.7029 ‘Clun Castle’ and GWR No.5043 ‘Earl Of Mount Edgecumbe’ are seen hauling various mainline charters, including up the 1 in 37 Lickey Incline. GWR No.7029 ‘Clun Castle’ is seen running from London Kings Cross to Lincoln, the first ‘Castle’ locomotive to travel out of London Kings Cross in preservation.
– The Welsh Highland Railway celebrated the centenary of the reopening between Rhyd-Ddu and Porthmadog. During June 2023, the railway featured sole surviving Hunslet Engine Co. 2-6-2T ‘Russell’ during their ‘WHR 100’ event.
– LNER A4 No.60007 ‘Sir Nigel Gresley’ was repainted for the start of the 2023 season, now carrying a BR Blue livery. The locomotive is seen hauling mainline charters over the Devon Banks, the Settle & Carlisle Railway and at the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
– 2023 marked the centenary anniversary of locomotive, LNER A3 No.60103 ‘Flying Scotsman’. The locomotive is seen hauling mainline charters across the country, including the ‘Royal Train’ and the locomotives first appearance in Cornwall since returning to steam in 2016. The locomotive is captured at the Bluebell Railway and Keighley & Worth Valley Railway.
– With the autumn colours starting to appear, ‘The Jacobite’ is captured during the final week of two-train running for the 2023 season. Locomotives LMS 5MT No.44871 and LMS 5MT No.45212 are seen hauling services between Fort William and Mallaig.
– A collection of photo charters are featured during this product including LMS 5MT No.45212, LMS 6P No.45690 ‘Leander’ and BR 2F No.52044 at the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway; GWR ‘Castle’ No.4079 ‘Pendennis Castle’ at the Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway; CR 0-4-4T ‘Caley Tank’ No.55189 at the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway; and LNER P3 No.2392 at the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
– Throughout the four discs a wide collection of events are featured from many different preserved railways including goods services, vintage services, gravity trains, express services and much more.
This product features no commentary, allowing you to fully appreciate the sound of the steam locomotives working hard. Short titles are included throughout informing you of the date, railway / charter name, locomotive and location. Copies are available in UK 16:9 widescreen format only.
Note: this product features no drone videography. Our ‘From The Air: 2023 Review’ features our aerial videography from throughout 2023.
We’re currently editing this product, copies are available to pre-order. All copies will be posted from the 8th January 2024.
|Run Time:||To be confirmed|
|Number of discs:||4 Discs|
|Format:||UK 16:9 Widescreen PAL|
|Release date:||8th January 2024|