Your cart is currently empty!
£23.99 – £26.99
In stock – more than 20 available
Steaming Around Britain 2017 features a whopping four discs of top quality action from around the UK. Throughout the 4 discs, witness a varied collection of steam engines working at both preserved railways and on the mainline.
Sit back and enjoy all the highlights from throughout 2017, from the little tank engines to the large pacifics slogging their hearts out as they haul a whole collection of different trains at different locations around the UK.
Whether you’re a mainline, preserved or narrow gauge enthusiast this 4 disc DVD has something for everyone. With footage featured from the Scottish Highlands through to the Snowdonian National Park, what more would you need to recall 2017?
A wide collection of railways are included from around the UK, some of which include:
– North Norfolk Railway
– Great Central Railway
– North Yorkshire Moors Railway
– Foxfield Railway
– Llangollen Railway
– Severn Valley Railway
– Midland Railway
– Ecclesbourne Valley Railway
– Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway
– East Lancashire Railway
– Tanfield Railway
– Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
– Embsay & Bolton Abbey Railway
Plus others too…
A collection of photo charters are featured during the DVD including the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, Foxfield Railway, Tanfield Railway, Keighley & Worth Valley Railway and Churnet Valley Railway.
Along with this varied collection of preserved railways, a selection of mainline charters are included throughout the four disc DVD set from around the UK. Some of the charters featured throughout the collection include the re-opening of the Settle & Carlisle Railway special, Northern’s ‘Tornado’ services over the S&C, ‘The Waverley’, ‘The Dalesman’, ‘The Fellsman’, ‘The Jacobite’, ‘The Tin Bath’, ‘The Hadrian’, ‘The Cumbrian Mountain Express’, ‘The Scarborough Spa Express’, ‘The Cathedrals Express’ plus others too.
– Many mainline charters are included from a selection of different locations around the UK including Miles Platting, Shap, the Settle & Carlisle Railway, The West Highland Extension plus many others too. Many mainline engines are featured including: 45690 ‘Leander’, 45699 ‘Galatea’, 46233 ‘Duchess Of Sutherland’, 45407 ‘The Lancashire Fusilier’, 5043 ‘Earl of Mount Edgecumbe’ 46115 ‘Scots Guardsman’, 60163 ‘Tornado’, 60103 ‘Flying Scotsman’, 48151 plus many others too.
– 2017 marked the second year of running for LNER A3 No.60103 ‘Flying Scotsman’. Footage is included of ‘Flying Scotsman’ throughout 2017 at various locations around the UK.
– Various events are included from the North Yorkshire Moors Railway including the visit of ‘Royal Scot’ and their Great Western themed Autumn Gala.
– Several photo charters are featured from several railways including the Churnet Valley Railway, Tanfield Railway, North Yorkshire Moors Railway, Keighley & Worth Valley Railway and Foxfield Railway.
– The award winning ‘Jacobite’ service is featured during October, including the splendid colours the Scottish Highlands offer at this time of the year.
– Throughout the 4 discs a wide collection of events are featured from many different preserved railways including special freight demonstration services, vintage services, express services plus much more.
This product features no commentary, allowing you to fully appreciate the sound of the steam locomotives working hard. Short titles are included throughout informing you of the date, railway / charter name, locomotive and location. The DVD & Blu-Ray run for approx. 332 minutes and are split across four discs for maximum quality. Copies are available in UK 16:9 widescreen format only.