Your cart is currently empty!
£23.99 – £26.99
In stock – more than 20 available
Step back into the action of 2020, this four disc DVD, Steaming Around Britain 2020 features over 5 hours of top quality action from around the UK. Throughout the four discs, witness a varied collection of steam locomotives, working at both preserved railways and on the mainline.
Sit back and enjoy all the highlights from throughout 2020, from the little tank engines to the large pacific’s working hard, as they haul a variety of different trains, at locations around the UK.
Whether you’re a mainline, preserved or narrow gauge enthusiast, this four disc DVD has something for everyone. With footage featured from the Scottish Highlands through to the Snowdonian National Park, what more would you need to recall the best bits of 2020?
A wide collection of heritage railways are featured from around the UK, some of which include:
– Chasewater Railway
– Churnet Valley Railway
– East Lancashire Railway
– Great Central Railway
– Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
– North Yorkshire Moors Railway
– Pontypool and Blaenavon Railway
– Severn Valley Railway
– Tanfield Railway
– The Battlefield Railway
– Ffestiniog Railway
– Statfold Barn Railway
A collection of photo charters are featured during the DVD including GWR No.6989 ‘Wightwick Hall’ at The Battlefield Railway, Lancashire & Yorkshire 0-6-0 tank No.51456 at the East Lancashire Railway, 4-4-0 ‘Isibutu’ at the Statfold Barn Railway, BR 2MT No.78022 at the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway, Bagnall 0-4-0ST No.2842 ‘Kent No.2’ at the Chasewater Railway, LMS 6P No.45596 ‘Bahamas’ at the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway, 0-4-0ST No.1386 ‘Rosyth No.1’ at the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway and LMS 4F No.43924 at the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway.
Alongside all the action at heritage railways, a selection of mainline charters from around the UK are included. Some of the charters featured
include ‘The Jacobite’, ‘The Waverley’, ‘The Dalesman’, ‘The Fellsman’, ‘The Lakelander’, ‘The White Rose’, ‘The Queen Of Scots’, ‘The Cumbrian Coast Express’, ‘The Scarborough Spa Express’, The Valentines White Rose’ plus others too.
– Mainline charters are included from a selection of different locations across the UK including Shap, Beattock, the Settle & Carlisle Railway, the West Highland Extension, Cumbrian Coast, Miles Platting plus others too.
Many mainline engines are featured including: 45699 ‘Galatea’ (running as 45562 ‘Alberta’), 45407 ‘The Lancashire Fusilier’, 60163 ‘Tornado’, 60009 ‘Union Of South Africa’, 6233 ‘Duchess Of Sutherland’, 70000 ‘Britannia’, 46100 ‘Royal Scot’, 46115 ‘Scots Guardsman’, 45231 ‘The Sherwood Forester’, 62005, 45212 plus others too.
– The award winning ‘Jacobite’ service is featured from September 2020. Running from Fort William to Mallaig, during the final week of two services a day. LNER K1 No.62005, LMS 5MT No.45407 ‘The Lancashire Fusilier’ and LMS 5MT No.45212 are seen hauling services at various locations.
– Several photo charters are featured from several railways including The Battlefield Railway, East Lancashire Railway, Chasewater Railway, Statfold Barn Railway, Keighley & Worth Valley Railway and Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway.
– 2020 saw the final workings of LNER A4 No.60009 ‘Union Of South Africa’ on the mainline, No.9 is seen hauling a loaded test run around the Carnforth circuit and the return leg of ‘The Valentines White Rose’ from York to London. No.9 is also seen hauling services at the East Lancashire Railway.
– Large England locomotive No.5 ‘Welsh Pony’ returned to steam at the Ffestiniog Railway during 2020 and spent the summer hauling the railways ‘Heritage Covid Services’. Footage is included from their Bank Holiday ‘England’ locomotive day and their ‘Bygones Weekend’, which featured the first public appearance of ‘Welsh Pony’ fully lined out.
– Throughout the four discs a wide collection of events are featured from many different preserved railways including freight demonstration services, vintage services, gravity trains, express services, triple headed S160’s and much more.
* Coronavirus – filming was suspended to account for the two national lockdowns during 2020. Once filming resumed in July 2020 we’ve travelled the UK to bring the same, high quality coverage of events across the country. As with previous years, this product is split across four discs and features over five hours of footage.
This product features no commentary, allowing you to fully appreciate the sound of the steam locomotives working hard. Short titles are included throughout informing you of the date, railway / charter name, locomotive and location. The DVD & Blu-Ray run for approx. 322 minutes and are split across four discs for maximum quality. Copies are available in UK 16:9 widescreen format only.